Where can I get Spysweeper version 4.5.10 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by keekee66, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keekee66

keekee66 Registered Member

Anyone know where I can get Spysweeper version 4.5.10 backo_O I updated to 5.0 and have been having major problems so i had to take it off my comp. When i requested a new download it was still version 5.0! I never had any problems with 4.5 y did they had to update to 5.0. Please help.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Re: Spysweeper5 annoyance

Did you install 5.0 ontop of 4.5? If thats the case then try to uninstall SS completely, maybe even use a regcleaner & then install 5.0 again, thats the way idid it and i seenone of the issue's reported in varios threads, worth a try.:)

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi keekee66,

I know where to download version 4.5.10.731 but I cannot post the link here because only licensed and registered users can download the full version file, and posting the full version download link anywhere in the public is not allowed and prohibited.

You can get version 4.5.10.731 by submitting a ticket here and ask for the file.

http://support.webroot.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=776

;)

4. keekee66

keekee66 Registered Member

I did submit a ticked a few days ago do you know how long they usually take to respond?
    I have my license code its just anywhere i try to download it from its the 5.0 version. Meanwhile I have no antispyware on my comp which isnt great. The main problem is actually with my antivirus as soon as I upgraded to 5.0 the antivirus kept freezing during scanning but also my computer slowed down a ton. Once I uninstalled the 5.0 spy sweeper the antivirus ran fine and my comp was back to normal. So I know its directly related to the spy sweeper 5.0

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi keekee66,

If you request for the file from here,

http://www.webroot.com/updates/redownload/request?

They will automatically send you the download link for 5.0. That's why you need to raise a ticket and ask for version 4.5.

I am sorry to tell you but this is the fact that you will not be able to find the download link for 4.5 elsewhere because any forum moderator (even in the CastleCops forum) happened to see the link in any post will remove it for sure, and it is not allowed to post the link here in the forum, even if it is an offical Webroot forum. I do understand your situation, but just it is the rule that the link cannot be posted to the public.

If the full download link can be posted anywhere, there is no need to input your name and e-mail address for verification before you are given the instructions in the mail to download the product. I hope you understand this.

I would suggest that you use the "Provide additional information" function in the ticket to raise a second request and urge them for a reply of your request to the 4.5 download link. ;)

Attached Files:

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

I'll upload it for you, I didn't like it. especially with the free alternatives at the moment

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  7. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

here you go ~link removed....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

A link was removed from this thread. It pays to be safe and download from the legitimate source, listed mirror sites or members can exchange via other methods.

Thanks,
    Bubba

9. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

sorry bubb... should've known better

(no chance you saved the link by any chance?)

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No problemo and appreciate the understanding :thumb: ;)

yes....you have PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.