where can I confirm 64bit?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by windstrings, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I went to "about" and I still don't see where to confirm that i"m running the 64bit version?

Both 32 bit and 64 bit say "Version: 4.2.64.12" once installed, so how do you tell the difference once installed?

Does anyone know where that is stated?

2. ourstanley

ourstanley Updates Team

The location of the ESET folder will determine which version is installed ie.
    C:\Program Files\ESET or C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET

3. windstrings

Ah, guess I knew that... but you would think there would be a id somewhere too.

I know there are parts of 64 bit that are also 32bit, but the actual 64bit version should really have an id somewhere for confusions sake.

I know of no other program that is identified by having to look at the install location.

4. MinDokan

MinDokan Registered Member

Hi.
    Task Manager, look for the process egui.exe
    If it is called egui.exe *32, then you're using a 32bits version.

Cheers.

5. windstrings

I am running egui.exe and ekrn.exe *32

and I am running 64 bit as it is installed in program files rather the (86).

Still thats a bit silly the id is not better as this is so confusing its still unclear even after all these replies.

You would think it would denote *64 as some of the programs I have installed do.

I guess since I have a 64bit OS its assumed its 64 bit if it doesn't say otherwise in Task manager?

That may be fine, but most people will not have a clue as to how to use task manager and the process id.

If you rightclick and go to properties and go to details tab, its not even denoted there.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Click Help -> About to find out whether you're running a 32 or 64-bit Windows.

7. windstrings

windows is easy... just rightclick on my computer and go to properties

8. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

The question was whether the computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit version of ESET, not of Windows. Help>About just show the OS architecture of Windows, not the ESET version. I'm running 64-bit (I know, I installed it) but Help > About doesn't say whether ESET is 32 or 64.

Jim

9. windstrings

Well I know I"m running 64 bit windows easy enough, and I know I "was" running 64bit NOD but since we have to manually download and install each version upgrade, I wanted to double check that I still had the one I thought I had... so I started looking for confirmation.

Both 32 bit and 64 bit will install on a 64 bit machine so I would be easy to make the mistake.
    64 bit does indeed run faster so I want to keep that one.

Seems I had this same problem over a year ago but forgot how to identify the difference of versions.

Seems noting where it installed was the way I did it last time too.... seems this is an obvious oversight that should be correct though.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

EAV/ESS 32-bit will install only on Windows x86 whilst 64-bit products will only install on Windows x64, that's easy ;)

11. windstrings

Oh?.. I didn't know that.....

I assumed not so since I can install many programs that are 32 bit to my 64bit OS...... guess I was mistaken... I'm sure others will make the same mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.