Where are the latest signtures/definitions listed?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JudTn, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JudTn

JudTn Registered Member

Hi,
    Yesterday I installed the trial of Ewido version 4 which I downloaded several weeks ago, only to discover it is now AVG Antispyware version 7.xxxx.
    Before I upgrade to that version, first I would like to know where are the latest definitions for the update, like AVG Antivirus shows on their main page (and Ad-Aware and Spybot). I am exhausted searching their sight for it---and Ewido's. The only thing I can find on it is Buy,Try,Info. And where in the program does can I view what definitions were currently in the update, for instance Ad-Aware SE has the details link. Or does it only show the number of signatures in the database.

As a note, I see others have had the Resident Shield deactivate itself. Mine has just deactivated itself while I have been browsing this forum. It grayed out in the taskbar. It has also has not even started at Windows start up and the Start With Windows is checked. Hope they find a fix for this soon. Thanks

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi, there is a downloadpage for installing signatures manually: http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/
    In the upper right corner of the webpages you can see the actual number of signatures.

Gerard

3. JudTn

JudTn Registered Member

Oh, duh. :oops: The pages run off the right side of my screen and I didn't see that. Thank you.

Is there no place to view what the updated signatures are? What spyware/malware/whatever is included in the update. Either on the site or in the program. Like Lavasoft/Ad-Aware does http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/detection_database/ .
    Spybot lists what is included in the updated definitions too on his site.

Thanks.

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Glad you find it ;)
    Such a list does not exist afaik (and saves you a lot of reading time)

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.