Where are the backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blockie, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blockie

blockie Registered Member

I scheduled my backup to operate every week day. It does that. However, I can only find the most recent backup on the restore tag. How can I reach back to an earlier backup? TI 2009.
    Bill

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Possibly , it might be on the Windows 'search'-not sure though.(Or on Ext. HD itself if it's plugged in.

3. blockie

The backups are made in the Acronis Secure Zone. There are probably more than one ,Buit I can only see the latest.
    Bill

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blockie and nb47,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify the following:

1. The backup type you create (My Computer\My Data\My e-mail)
    2. The settings of Acronis Secure Zone (specified size)
    3. Do you create a backup per task (incrementals\differentials)?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

5. blockie

Always a full backup of my system HD.
    Secure Zone size is 150 GB.
    Never a differential or incremental .

6. Acronis Support

Hello blockie,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach it to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. blockie

Here's the report.

Attached Files:

8. Acronis Support

Hello blockie,

Thank you for the provided information.

Your Acronis Secure Zone contains three full backup files. All of them should be listed on the restore tag. Could you please create a sceen shot of the appropriate program window where only the recent backup is seen?

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Please attach the screen shot to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

9. blockie

Yes I do have three full backups in there. What I want to know is where are all the successful backups that were performed per the calendar? It is my understanding that TI will continue to add backups to the SZ until it is full and then delete the oldest one to make room for the new one.

Attached Files:

10. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The dates shown on the three backups listed are for 3/7 a day where the backup failed, 3/18 and then 3/30 which hadn't ocurred when you made the screen shots. The backups all have different names.

Are you sure these are your scheduled backups? Something doesn't make much sense. Is it possible that your scheduled backups are not running at all or are being stored somewhere other than the SZ?

11. blockie

John,
    You brought up a good point. What I am going to do is copy and then delete all of the backups I will delete the present schedule and start over with a new name. Then we'll see what happens.
    Thanks,
    Bill

12. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

blockie,

1. Do a file search of your computer (external drive attached if being used for backups) and search for *.TIB.

2. Then go back to the screen as shown in your second attachment and click on the All Backups Tab. Compare this list with the results of your search.

3. Many of my backups are on externals and I have to use the Browse function (upper right corner) to locate the desired archive.

13. blockie

GroverH.,
    Too late already deleted. Maybe as I do what I said in the last post I can do it.
    Bill

14. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Sounds like a plan. Let us know what happens.

15. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I do not use V2009 so my understanding of the problem of multiple full backups may be incomplete.

Is it not true that to ensure a full backup is not overwritten each time it is necessary to use a workaround?
    Schedule a full backup and also schedule increments with a saved number of zero, consolidation has also to be specified. Apparently this Kludge lets more than one full image to be kept in a secure zone or elsewhere.
    I have not read any reports of what happens when the zone is full.
    Of course FIFO should then kick in just as it used to do in all previous versions of TI , However V2009 incorporates a whole lot of changes which are not for the better.

Xpilot

16. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think Xpilot has got it right. It's part of the wild and whacky wonderful world of ATI 12/2009. Unless you name each of your fulls differently, I think you only get one, unless you use the kludge. ATI 12/2009 will keep filling with incs/diffs, if you are doing those kinds of backups, until full and then consolidating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.