Where are the backup schedule settings stored?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ptdude, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptdude

ptdude Registered Member

I'm using TI9.1 Workstation on an XP SP3 system. After I had a hard disk failure my TI will not start any more saying it cannot find the proper serial number and that I need to re-install TI.

I worried that if I re-install TI that Ill have to reconfigure it all again and set all the schedules.

I have around 18 scheduled backups and don't want to have to recreate them all again so is there a way of preserving my schedules? I've looked everywhere and couldn't find where the schedule is stored. Is it a file or registry setting somewhere?

I've tried doing a repair install but that didn't work and still gives the serial number error.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Task info are stored in a directory and in the registry. For example, with ATI 11, each tasks has a .tis file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\

However, there's the matter of registry info also. ATI has no provision for copying tasks and to have a copy you need to recreate the task.

If ATI is already installed and you run the installer again, when it starts up it should as if you want to do a repair. Say yes, and it shouldn't delete any settings or tasks but might correct whatever has gone wonky with your original installation. You mihgt need to provide your serial number. IF you registered your serial number with ATI then you can log into ATI

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

select "registered Products" and see your number(s).

3. ptdude

ptdude Registered Member

Thanks I found them.

I tried the repair and it didn't work. So I did a new install and it seems to have worked and picked up all my schedules.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ptdude,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

I can suggest you to check all your tasks, they can be modified unpredictably. Select every task you have and check it as if you want to edit it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.