When will TI9 support P965?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by walt s, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt s

walt s Registered Member

When will TI9 fully support P965?

Most core 2 processor users are purchasing P965 chipset mtherboards... wether made Asus, Gigabyte, Intel, Abit, MSI, or Foxcon etc all use the combination of P965/ICH8(R)/JMB363 ... *None* are currently supported by TI9.
    The boards have been available almost 3 months, stable beta drivers for linux have been availiable almost as long, linux release versions for over a month... yet released TI9 builds still cannot restore a system partition?.

I've been itching to upgrade to TI9 (from TI:cool: yet it seems even then I'll need to either beg for a beta ISO, or build a Bart PE disc. And still boot from cd/dvd for every system restore.

TI8 was simple, efficient and reliable. TI10 isn't certain to be reliable on first release, TI9 certainly was too unreliable upon release and somewhat bloated for my taste...at least it remained simple to use.

If I wanted all the hassle of locating files to burn PE discs, surely I could also then rely on MS shadow volume drivers and task sheduler with freely availiable tools like driveimage XML?.

Without ease of use, proven reliability, and good platform support TI has no reason to exist.

Walt S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.