When will 2.50.19 be available via Program Component Update?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EnGenie, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

Any news about when 2.50.19 will be available via the update feature of NOD32.

I updated at home by downloading 2.50.19 just after it was released, but at work we are still waiting for an update from 2.12.3.

The update feature of NOD32 only seems to be updating the virus definitions and not the program.

o_O

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

check you NOd32 setting.....

3. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

You can install the new version over the older one i/o waiting for an automatic upgrade.

4. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

The copy of NOD32 on my laptop at work is set to automatically update from the Eset servers.

If I try a manual update, it tells me that my copy of NOD32 is up to date, even though it is only version 2.12.3.

The version on my desktop computer at work is set to update from a mirror server on the Company LAN. This has not been updated (except for the latest virus definitions).
    Does the System Administrator have to manually update the mirror server or will it update automatically?

I have done this already on my PC at home.

5. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

I've got the same problem / question...

We have the Enterprise version, and I've already manually updated the RAS, but the clients still haven't updated to the new 2.5...

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi EnGenie, this has been discussed here and here.

Cheers :D

7. shade91

shade91 Registered Member

I take it you don't work in a large corporation. If I was told I had to do 5,000 systems by hand I'd tell you you're fired and would make sure security would be rough with you on the way out.

Anybody from Eset want to provide us with a good answer? I'm tired of waiting for 2.5.x.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Have you tried contacting Eset support directly at the Eset website?

9. Blackspear

I gather you would rather roll it out across those 5000 systems and maybe cripple a percentage of them, and if you did that it wouldn’t be me that would be receiving the marching orders ;) :D

You have a perfectly working version 2.12.3, and to state it yet again, it will be ready when it is ready and not before. If it was ready now to auto-update it would have been released. Eset do not hold back a roll out for the fun of it, they do so because there are issues to be resolved, it is that simple.

Blackspear.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 2.50 can be rolled out to a large number of workstations using RA. Given that you have 5000 PCs, I doubt you didn't purchase Enterprise edition which includes RA.

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I just want to ask one thing - I dont care how long it takes, but automatic program updates will be be resumed, right? :)

12. Blackspear

Correct.

Cheers :D

13. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I agree I have Component upgrades off. I push out by department so I don't create a disaster. :rolleyes: I have about 1100 pcs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.