When The Update Of TI11 Will Come ?????????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DerPriester1970, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

Clear is that the retail version .8027 of TI11 is brocken and not ready to be sold. The heavy raid bug is a beta or perhaps compilation bug. But for the people who bought this software it is very angry. I can not belive that a new version of TI see less hardware than TI 10.

Please fix it now !!!!!!! and relase a new version.

P.S. I can not belive too, that no person of support or development make a statement about this issue. The retail version is not working correctly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. person2006

person2006 Registered Member

i have been using true image since version 6. bought every version, not even the upgrade, the full version, lol. i just bought the version 11 upgrade. i have to say it has some big quirk in it. i am unsatisfied. i think i will be looking into purchasing Rollback Rx Professional. Acronis has very little competition, that makes things interesting, kinda like ie7 and firefox. Some heads should see Acronis management personnel over this release. I hope they release a new version immediately, and i mean soon, like in terms of "we're sleeping at the office and ordering take-out until we release a new version".

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This sentiment has been posted by many customers everytime a new version has been released. In other words, don't hold your breath - the initial release of TI12 will be the same.

4. DerPriester1970

I sent personal messages to support yesterday and wednesday. Not one reaction of them, when the bug will be fixed. I sent them my systemreport. No reaction.

Very good support.

5. photogman

photogman Registered Member

I understand users' frustrations as far as software is concerned. It seems to me though, all backup software is beset with their own issues. Quite frankly, I wish Veritas had made a stripped down home/small business backup software similar to their immensely poplular Backup EXE program. I also have a copy of Retrospect sitting in the shadows in case I want to load it on my computer. I have read literally hundreds of review online and for the life of me, I can't seem to sort through it all. Has anybody ever considered just the plain old vanilla Backup program included in Windows? I never have really delved into that to fully understand its limitations and capabilities, but I may. Some of the greatest utilities or programs in the world have been the very simple, straightforward ones without all the bells and whistles that are just very, very good at what they do. That's all any of us really want in the end is to backup up our data, have it be safe, and be able to restore it fully in the event we ever need to. Nothing more, nothing less. In quest of the perfect backup program is like the professional photographer's quest for the perfect flash bracket for their camera. They never do eventually find it and they end up owning a bunch of them. I am just curious though, if alot of you that are unhappy or unsatisfied right with TI 11, what are some other alternatives?

6. person2006

windows vista ultimate edition has a complete hard drive backup built in. just like acronis but native vista. i bought vista home premium by mistake, it does not have the complete backup program. it backs up every tiny thing. when i get vista ultimate, this could be the end for true image.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, no, you can searchthe archives here on that one -- like most of the built in utilities in MS products, it's not nearly as useful as separate component products bought from other vendors.

8. photogman

photogman Registered Member

From what I have read, Microsoft Backup, at least for Win XP, was written/developed for Microsoft by Veritas

9. person2006

it is called Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore.

10. shieber

But what it's called and what it does are not the same thing. People wondered if Vista's release would obviate the sales of ATI and other vendors' backup imaging products. After reveiwing the actual abilities, I don't think many thought it would any more than the defragger in Win was a good reason to not get a good aftermarket defraggers, or win defender a good reason not to get a good 3rd party firewall and AV program. It all depends on your personal needs and your pocketbook, But MS's strategy is raarely to replace applications with OS add-ons. The application biz, there own and others, are part of what feeds the monster.

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

One off topic post removed.

Let's get back on topic please guys. Remember that this is the Official Acronis Support Forum. Therefore, anyone wishing to discuss or recommend alternative imaging/backup programs should do so in the Software & Services Forum.

Regards

Menorcaman

12. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The backup in Vista Ultimate is an entirely new drive image product. It works like TrueI mage. Well, it works like TI is supposed to work. :)

13. shieber

14. DerPriester1970

Something new about an update of TI 11. Come on support or developers, don´t let your customers in a black hole who payed for this product.

15. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

You should be more patient. It's your problem when you buy a software on release date. You should never do so. Look at Vista - it will work better with SP1. So you have to wait for SP1 of TI11. But Acronis is collecting errors at this time. This will take time.

I bought TI11 so early because I was curious. It does a good job and works fine. Only Outlook 2007 I can't backup. This is also a bug. Hope they fix it. Next time I will do like I always do: Waiting for SP1, then buy the software.

Best regards
    Zecke

16. shieber

This situation is a bit worse than the normal, version x.0 bugs. It's not that new features don't work quite right al the time but that some folks that ATI used tdo work for are now offered no protection at all by ATI unless the revert to the older version. So hopefully a fix will be out very soon. Since ATI doesn't knw when they will have it nailed down, they are unlikely to pre-announce.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was two or three months from now.

17. DerPriester1970

A simple question, which the support also can understand. I am a Kaspersky Labs beta tester and if I give a question to KL, the developer will answer very soon.

Why to hell nobody of the support or development come to this forum and give a statement about the raid problem and when it will be fixed. It is not a little problem, it is a problem about the core functionality of the program. Please give a statement about an official sold program that don´t work for a wide range of customers in its core.

18. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Registered Member

19. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

@Acronis: why don't you post the links here? I think you've got enough work with the bugs to fix ...

Regards
    Zecke

20. DerPriester1970

You must read the posts here. I runs Window Vista. BartPE is not working on windows vista systems.

That is what the support confirmed too.

21. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Registered Member

Sorry, you are right. I also run Vista, but I've an other WinXP license which I use for the BartPE CD.

22. shieber

One reason is that it's a p[ita to build a BART disk and sometimes one can't get them to work on some machines for love nor money. It's jsut more hoops than folks should have to jump through. Fine that some are willing or want to jump through the hoops, but it's not generally appealing.

23. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Right! I have a working BartPE disk but I never use it. I wouldn't be happy if I had to use it for every restore rather than starting the restore in Windows.

This thread is "deja vu all over again", same issues that were complained about with the introduction of TI9 when I first became a TI user. Inadequate testing, features that just don't work in general, HW supported in previous version not supported in new version ...

Users complained that there were too frequent updates in TI9 causing them to take time downloading, installing and testing. Well, Acronis certainly fixed that in TI10, was it one or two updates that were released. I am very surprised that there is not the same outcry about having to buy TI11 to get serious bug fixes (Vista repair for one) that there was for the leftover bugs in TI9 when TI10 was released.

24. shieber

What they shoud be doing is coming to forum and giving a link for a refund to all ATI 11 users. Maybe rerelease a versin 11 when they have something fit for the inteded purpose.

25. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

I did a downgrade to TI10 until TI11 works as it should. Hope they fix it soon. None of them (Acronis) tells us here in the forum anything about the bugs inside. It seems that the same errors are back we had with TI9 or first releases of TI10. The time Acronis takes to build an update is just too long. I'm sick of waiting - make it work now.

regards
    Zecke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.