When restoring Error Reading File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by azuser22, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azuser22

azuser22 Registered Member

I am trying to restore to a new harddrive since my other system crashed. On some files I receive this message
    Error Reading File (0X40001)
    Tag:0X61F188EFE50BOA2F
    Internal Error:Start sector is outside input stream (0X70001)
    Tage = 0XFDCA6BCAF26CD966

screen asked to retry ignore cancel

What does this mean and how can I solve this problem I really need some of these files like Outlook pst.

Thanks

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What kind of drive are you trying to resotre form and to? Ext/Internal -- sata, RAID, usb, etc.o_O?

3. azuser22

azuser22 Registered Member

I'm restoring from a Maxtor One Touch 4 external USB. Can you provide me with some information?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello azuser22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please check if the drive archive is stored at is compressed by Windows (right click on the partition and choose "Properties"). If it is, please uncompress it (uncheck the "Compress drive to save disk space" box).

If the issue persists, please clarify, what version of Acronis True Image are you using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Please also clarify, are you running the restore from within Windows, or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media? Is the archive a disk/partition image, or files/folders backup? Are you trying to restore it as an image, or as files/folders?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.