When releasing new ESS build for Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by polocanada, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polocanada

polocanada Registered Member

Any date for releasing 1052 version of ESS? I have same problems with ESS on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit official release (not beta). As somebody posted before... I get randomly disconnected from network. Nothing in the logs. When I disable ESS and then (oh.. Microsoft did bury the networking even more in Win7 damn!) connections works again and I can re-enable ESS. Works fine.

Also connecting and disconnecting cable is always same procedure, have to disable ESS first.

Using Router at home, no other PCs on network... Computer is clean after fresh install just ESS running on it.. These are my settings...

Hope the new ESS build will resolve it.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2motfti.png

http://i29.tinypic.com/2cy165x.png

http://i29.tinypic.com/ibjnmd.png

Attached Files:

• ess.PNG
      ess.PNG
      File size:
      71.2 KB
      Views:
    • ess1.PNG
      ess1.PNG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • ess2.PNG
      ess2.PNG
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
  2. maxrockbin

maxrockbin Registered Member

Under Windows 7 RC & Smart Security 4.0.437.0 I also get disconnects regularly. Specifically, after going into SLEEP (the network connectivity seems to be shut down while it's sleeping) and also at boot up.

FIX: This is a terrible fix, but it worked for me. Navigate to the properties window for your connection "Local Area Connection Properties" (will show properties for your NIC).

In the "This connection used for the following items" window, uncheck "ESET PERSONAL FIREWALL"

I don't know which of the features of the firewall that disables, but it does fix the disconnect problem for me. So the problem seems clearly to be in their firewall driver interface.

3. polocanada

maxrockbin,

that's the route cause of the problem. So it is the driver. However by disabling it you actually disable your firewall. The service is a miniport driver. Not sure if Eset also controls access separately on application level apart from the driver but if you disable the driver you better enable the Windows Firewall.

4. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

Totally agree, when will the compatible version be available.
    It is rather annoying having to disable the firewall just to connect to a network share... :(

5. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Any word on the 1052 Firewall Module build yet guys? Would be nice to get ESS working properly with network shares in Windows 7.

6. quding

quding Registered Member

Instead,i am looking forward to seeing ESS5 with HIPS and more FW and heursitic detection improvment.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Sounds good, but I don't think that will be coming this year. I would just like the firewall to work with Windows 7. Learning mode works, but when you switch back to another mode it stops working again.

8. TheIgster

Tried of waiting and it's too bad I paid already because I am using Vipre and am quite happy with it. Sure, it does not include a firewall, but the firewall in ESS doesn't work for me right now anyway.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

If you have paid for a license for Smart Security you can run NOD32 instead with the same license.

10. TheIgster

Oh I know, but after shutting down ESS and then just running Nod32, I stumbled upon Vipre and I have been very impressed. If I can't use the firewall in ESS anyway and can only run Nod, then why not be happier with a different anti virus that I think outperforms Nod. Just my opinion, but it seems to be right now after running both products for quite some time.

11. polocanada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.