When is support for SeaMonkey 2.0.4 ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Saint Satin Stain, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    I use multiple browsers. My default is SeaMonkey, but I also use K-Meleon, IE 8, and Firefox. The last three are protected by SpywareBlaster, but SeaMonkey 2.0.4 is not. When will it be supported? I have autoupdate but that seems somewhat a waste if the browser/email that I use the most, my default, is not protected. I use SeaMonkey half the time and the other browsers the other half.

No, I don't want to use Firefox/Thunderbird as my default; together they use more memory than SeaMonkey. Plus it's convenient for email, browser, html editor, address book, and chat - now also calendar, Lightning - in one app.

2. Limey

Limey Registered Member

Same problem, here. I have two machines set up alike. Spywareblaster says it's detected Seamonkey on the desktop, though I can't vouch for whether it's truly working with it or not. On my laptop, I can't get Spywareblaster to recognize Seamonkey for love or money. I've tried several things: the old registry.dat tweak; uninstalling / reinstalling; scrubbing the directories completely and reinstalling; no dice. Can someone tell us if a fix for this is anywhere in the foreseeable future?:blink:

3. gtdurham

gtdurham Registered Member

According to an earlier post, this is on the plate for the next release.

4. Limey

Limey Registered Member

Thanks. Mozilla support has been quirky for a while and I really hate to contemplate fishing around for what are possibly lackluster alternatives. Perhaps a lot of the problem is because the Mozilla suites change so radically, so often.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi everyone,

SeaMonkey 2.x support is indeed already baked-in to the next SpywareBlaster release.

We hope to have it available relatively soon. Thanks for your patience. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've been using SeaMonkey & SpywareBlaster for a long time. I never knew that there was a problem with SeaMonkey being protected. I have never noticed it not to have included SeaMonkey or K-Meleon.

8. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Thank you JavaCool. The new version covers K-Meleon, Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, and Internet Explorer. Down the road, not an immediate concern, I would like it to cover Google Chrome. Watch the user stats and make the judgment when they are high enough to matter.

Back in the old days I used InoculateIT, ZoneAlarm (ZoneLabs, When they were small and one night I called support and got a company officer who solved my problem in five minutes.), SpywareGuard, and SpywareBlaster. I used the Netscape Browser most of the time in those olden days.

Thank you again JavaCool. That was a fast response to my request; although I know that you planned that before my request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.