When is support for SeaMonkey 2.0.4 ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Saint Satin Stain, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    I use multiple browsers. My default is SeaMonkey, but I also use K-Meleon, IE 8, and Firefox. The last three are protected by SpywareBlaster, but SeaMonkey 2.0.4 is not. When will it be supported? I have autoupdate but that seems somewhat a waste if the browser/email that I use the most, my default, is not protected. I use SeaMonkey half the time and the other browsers the other half.

No, I don't want to use Firefox/Thunderbird as my default; together they use more memory than SeaMonkey. Plus it's convenient for email, browser, html editor, address book, and chat - now also calendar, Lightning - in one app.

2. Limey

Limey Registered Member

Same problem, here. I have two machines set up alike. Spywareblaster says it's detected Seamonkey on the desktop, though I can't vouch for whether it's truly working with it or not. On my laptop, I can't get Spywareblaster to recognize Seamonkey for love or money. I've tried several things: the old registry.dat tweak; uninstalling / reinstalling; scrubbing the directories completely and reinstalling; no dice. Can someone tell us if a fix for this is anywhere in the foreseeable future?:blink:

3. gtdurham

gtdurham Registered Member

According to an earlier post, this is on the plate for the next release.

4. Limey

Limey Registered Member

Thanks. Mozilla support has been quirky for a while and I really hate to contemplate fishing around for what are possibly lackluster alternatives. Perhaps a lot of the problem is because the Mozilla suites change so radically, so often.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi everyone,

SeaMonkey 2.x support is indeed already baked-in to the next SpywareBlaster release.

We hope to have it available relatively soon. Thanks for your patience. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've been using SeaMonkey & SpywareBlaster for a long time. I never knew that there was a problem with SeaMonkey being protected. I have never noticed it not to have included SeaMonkey or K-Meleon.

8. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Thank you JavaCool. The new version covers K-Meleon, Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, and Internet Explorer. Down the road, not an immediate concern, I would like it to cover Google Chrome. Watch the user stats and make the judgment when they are high enough to matter.

Back in the old days I used InoculateIT, ZoneAlarm (ZoneLabs, When they were small and one night I called support and got a company officer who solved my problem in five minutes.), SpywareGuard, and SpywareBlaster. I used the Netscape Browser most of the time in those olden days.

Thank you again JavaCool. That was a fast response to my request; although I know that you planned that before my request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.