When is Eset 4 EOL ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Venky, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venky

Venky Registered Member

I have been an ESET Antivirus 4 user since it came out and I find it perfect for my needs and never had problems with it,but now I see that there is an ESET 7 beta doing rounds and I wonder when will you stop supporting ESET 4?
    My license is up for renewal in a couple of months and I want to be using the same version 4.

Thanks.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No EOL date as been announced yet for V4, and as long as you got a valid license, you can you wich of the available versions you want, 4,5,6,7 :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Version 3 is still supported as well, although I always suggest using the latest version of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Venky

Venky Registered Member

Thanks for your replies guys, The reason I asked the question was to plan ahead.Would it not be better for ESET to list EOL of their products (now that frequency of major updates has increased) so that consumers can plan ahead?

Currently I buy discs for version 5 and use the key in version 4 that's installed on my PC.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only planned and known EOL was for NOD32 v2 which was discontinued about 2-3 years ago.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to added to Marcos' comment, ESET announced the EOL for 2.7 about twenty-two months ahead of time, in order to allow customers to begin preparations.

While it may not be necessary to give two years advance notice with the EOL announcement of ESET v3, ESET will certainly provide enough time to ensure customers can make an orderly transition to a newer version of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. Venky

Venky Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt and reassuring replies ! I hope you do continue to support the older ESET versions for a long time! If i am not mistaken the virus definition updates mechanism for all the supported vesions of ESET are now same so this should not be a problem.

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

It is very nice to know that ESET doesn't force you to upgrade to the latest version. :thumb:

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Basically yes but v5 and newer can protect against newly emerging threats quite a long time before a virus signature update is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.