when i restore my backup,my hdd have bad sector

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by __d_mode__, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __d_mode__

__d_mode__ Registered Member

maybe acronis workin fastly but it will be broken my hdd,when i restore my backup my hdd have bad sectors in c chapter,

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

TI did not cause the damage to your HD. The bad sectors were there before you created the image. A restored TI image simply replicates what you had in the first place. You might consider buying a new HD.

3. __d_mode__

__d_mode__ Registered Member

no,before i restored my back up,my hdd hadn't bad sector,and my hdd only 1 year old(seagate 120gb sata)

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Have a read here..

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/hdd/errorsBadSectors-c.html

You should then see that it is not Acronis or any other program that causes a bad sector.
    Bad sectors can happen more frequently in older disks but even day old disks are not immune.

5. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I have to disagree with this my friend. :cautious:
    Yes, software can install incorrectly, or corrupt. At which time you'll get "bad sectors" while doing "Chkdsk". This is "software" related bad sectors.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000180.htm

__d_mode__,
    To determine if you're really in trouble, I suggest you download a Diagnostics program from your HD manufacturer. Backup your Data....an run the Diagonostics program. Run all the Tests the program has to offer. You should have an option to scan for Bad Sectors. If you get reports back after this scan, you should replace the HD. The HD manfacturer may replace this drive if you still have a warranty on it. Warranties are usually 3-5 years.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the appearance of bad sectors on your hard drive cannot be concerned with Acronis True Image.

We suggest that you check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"
    where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that
    checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

The other point is that your hard drive has already had some bad sectors at the moment when you created this particular backup archive. If that's the case, please take a look at the previous thread titled creating an image of a drive with bad sectors explaining in detail how hard drives containing bad sectors can be backed up and restored.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

IF your scanning software is corrupted, it can falsely report or even falsely mark bad sectors. Otherwise, it's not liekly that software is going to create an unreadable or unwriteable sector.

You could have an slightly bad sector that some scanning doesn't reprot because after retries, it finally is able to read but it cannot be written to.

A year is pently of time for a bad sector to show up. I have trouble getting Maxtors to last any longer than that but I've had good luck with Seagates.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.