When does this come out or was it just a Joke Mac-4-PC

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Someone was saying to me a few months ago that Macintosh were making a version of their excellent operating system designed to be used specifially with normal non Mac PC's I believe it was called Mac4PC.

I have then never heard anything more about it.

Was this true, or was it just an April Fools day joke. If so when does it come out and how much does it cost. Will it allow Dual booting partitions with MS Windows XP-Sp2 like Linux does.

Is it an offically designed Mac OS or is it some hacked bootleg.

I am eagerly awaiting to get this if its genuine and it doesnt cost to much (i.e is in the under £100 price range). So does anyone know when its due to be released.

Thanks

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I really think someone was fooling around...

it would be the same as amd making the processors for Intel...

I don't think they would sell their prophecy for $ ... or it would be done in the past allready...

just my two cents...

3. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Apple announced in June that it was switching from IBM PowerPC processors to Intel Pentium.

http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20050608/index.html

This will mark the 3rd processor change for the Apple Macintosh. The first processor family was the Motorola 68000 series.

Apples change does not necessarily mean that the Apple operating system will run on generic PCs. Apple got out of the software business a long time ago when it spun off its software division, which became Claris. They are clearly in the hardware business.

There is a hacked version of OS X that runs on x86 PC:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1238

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.