When can we expect a new build of NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nodHead, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

So far, with the problems and performance issues that NOD32 V3 has caused me - I have gone to use another product. But I pay for NOD32 and want to use it.

I want a reliable working product. I hope its coming very soon. :mad:

Otherwise I'd like my hard earned cash back, thanks ESET Australia.

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Why not stick with version 2.7 for a while until the bugs is sorted out in 3.0?

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Thats what I'm doing.

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Good plan, but not the proper way to go! :thumbd:

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Not sure what you mean about not the proper way to go, but when a new version is released it's always a risk to be the first user to upgrade. If you take that risk and it's not working 100% i think waiting a bit longer is the proper way to go which means go back to 2.7. The option is to keep using version 3.0 with the included bugs or switch to another AV software. I think giving up on nod32 because version 3.0 not been working 100% since the day it was released is a bit silly. Not sure why it's such a rush to upgrade if 2.7 work great for now. If 3.0 isn't fixed in several months i agree when people consider giving up on nod32, but come on it's been out for a couple of weeks and some bugs been fixed during that time even if it's not good enough yet.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sure it is the right way to go . You paid for a license , ESET allow us use any version of the product . It is proven both can protect your computer equally so why not v2?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Posts un-related to Nod support have been moved to a created thread to a more appropriate forum.

Continue here Please---> AV price comparisons

Bubba

8. Big Apple

Just my opinion, as I should be able to use a proper working new release and otherwise it shouldn't be on the market as a commercial product. Keep it Beta as long as it is not 100%.

9. Paraglider

Paraglider Registered Member

Problem is most people don't install beta products on the machines they run all the time - they wait for the final shipping release.

10. poutine

poutine Registered Member

update coming , heard from the developers, should fix the Outlook Express issues.. hopefully. Not sure when though. You'll hear it here first for sure :)

11. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I agree that would be great, but software is never 100% bugfree. Maybe some small tools and applications from the old dos days, but except from that they all contain bugs. Less bugs before the release would be the same as a later release date and higher development cost.
    I remember before the release several people did complain because development of version 3.0 was to slow. Now people complain because it contain some bugs. To fix more bugs before the release eset would have to spend more time and that would be more expensive and the product would still be a beta. If the cost of development is higher someone have to pay that bill and that would be the customers. Considering all the complaints in this forum i can just imagine how it would be if the price went up and release date postponed further.

What i find strange is those that claim they consider giving up on nod32 because 3.0 contain some bugs, but they been using 2.7 for a long time without problems. Why give up on nod32 instead of using 2.7 for some more weeks until 3.0 is ok. Why is suddenly version 2.7 that was fine before useless now. It's not like you cannot use the new version as a paying customer, but you have to wait some more for a working version. Also it's not like everyone is affected by those bugs since some claim it's working fine with no or few issues.

12. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Being new to ESET I am on a trial of V3.0 - I have looked and tried the main NOD opposition (KAV7.0, Ariva Premium & Dr Web) and I must say nothing is more simpler than NOD. Scans are quick, updates are regular, inteface is not complicated - all the information is at hand.

13. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

It seems that a lot of software is having problems with new versions because of Vista. It is just like womens clothes. Microsoft has to change the fashion to sell more. There doesn't seem to be any advantage. Just new. I'm glad that I'm not in the market right now for a new computer.

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm a little puzzled, not being a techie. If ESET makes the exact software available to everyone and some people install it and it works flawlessly while some other people install it and have problems, then it would seem to me that the people with the problems have their computers configured in a way that ESET couldn't foresee. So there would have to be a period of time for Eset to address the folks with problems and send out updates to comply with those computers. As we see above, an update is coming out shortly to fix an Outlook Express issue that some people are experiencing, and as the complaints come in more problems will be solved for the folks whose computers have incompatabilities with the new version. I for one have no problems with v3, so do I have a different version 3?:)

15. poutine

Must be hardware related then i guess because i installed NOD32 V.3.566.0 on a just done clean install XP Pro sys only put on base drivers to allow connection to the net, nothing more .... installed NOD and it crashed Outlook Express anyway, but that kinda reassured me that it wasnt anything caused by other apps on my main system. ;)

16. Big Apple

Good for you....but same advice here: Read all the threads about the problems with v3.0.

17. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for the response, but I have read the threads and that doesn't answer my question. :)

18. Big Apple

Not an answer to your question but a clear view about the fact there's enough trouble!

19. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

IMHO it is possible the people having the problems/issues with v3 will be the most vocal on the forum/threads and i can understand that. I for one have no issue with v3 on Vista 64-bit.

It is OK for those experiencing issues to voice it and perhaps solutions will be provided in good time by ESET. :cool:

20. kenw

kenw Registered Member

The main problem with any software is updating it to a new OS. In this case Vista. There were problems with XP in the beginning also. Just the nature of the MS beast.
    Outpost Firewall is having the same problems and I got messed up with it. Never realised that it would block a driver install. Went out and ordered a new USB Bluetooth device which I didn't need.
    The bugs will be worked out, it just takes time.
    I am still with XP and plan to stay with it.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this is a good post. What most of you laddies fail to realize is, what you think is Esets fault, is really Microsoft and their flighty Vista product. Keep the faith, Eset will work it out. Putting it back on myself as we speak, and yes Version 3.:thumb:

22. poutine

Thats probably why it doesnt run well on XP then, i posted long ago that i thought they hadnt tested NOD version 3 on XP at all, and having tested it myself and discovering bug after bug i think i was probably right.

23. Paraglider

Paraglider Registered Member

Vista has been out for a year so there is no excuse for bringing out a product that is unreliable on Vista. Version 2.7 has been solid on Vista since the start.

24. poutine

Its actually worse on XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.