When booting, spyware blaster not installed...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by u.k.man, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. u.k.man

u.k.man Registered Member

Hi,I have been using spyware blaster 3.2 for quite sometime now and I have been updating regularly and had no problems until today.
    When I turned on my p.c to boot up windows(x.p) I went to update spyware blaster and it said I needed a disk or to find the program.
    Does anyone know what the problem is whether its a compatibility problem or something? thanks,u.k.man :doubt:

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi UK Man, ;)

Welcome to Wilders' ;)

It sounds like the path got erased ... if XP can't find the program, select browse and navigate to spywareblaster.exe which would be located here - C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe - if you installed in it in the default location.

If the above doesn't correct the problem re-installing Spyware Blaster will/should fix the issue.

As to the cause, I don't really know, it could happen for a few reasons.

Steve

3. u.k.man

u.k.man Registered Member

Cheers Dog and thanks for the info! :D
    I have re-installed the program,restarted windows and the program is still there for the time being :oops:
    Still don't know what the original problem was though o_O
    I have recently installed some anti-spyware and adware programs but not sure if they could be the problem ?
    But thanks again Dog *puppy* you deserve a big bone for that. LOL

4. dog

dog Guest

Glad you got it straightened out UK Man. ;)

It probably wouldn't be any conflict with any other AntiSpy product, as I've never seen one, nor heard of any issues with anything, and something would've been documented by now. So you can safely eliminate this as a cause.

A likely candidate could/would be a registry cleaner, if it determined the path was invalid. ie. no end point/target. Which could result from some sort of corruption in XP, which would develop into the problem you experienced with or without the use/involvement of a registry cleaner. But there could be other variables, but this would probably be the most likely.

HTH, ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.