What's your opinions of McAfee antispyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by t.westwood, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t.westwood

t.westwood Guest

Hi,

Any who would like to comment on McAfee antispyware and how good it really is at detecting spyware? Perhaps you know of a webpage that compares it to other antispyware? That would be good too, if you know of any. Thank you for help.

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I have the mcafee antispyware addon for VS enterprise 8. From what i have seen since getting it in febuary it is only very average, it misses a lot of stuff. With a lot of seemingly to me false positives too. I would recommend you use Microsoft Antispyware or CounterSpy. These are my favourites and are infinitely better than Mcafee.

another thing is if you are talking about the standalone application (i believe) it comes with the security centre (more like advertising centre) it is an awful thing and wouldnt touch any application with this included. It cant be used without Activex too (which is not a good thing).

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

My view would be similar to Anthony1Uk. I haven't proberly tested its detection rate. But i would definately agree on false positives.

I am using the VS8.0i with Antispyware Module. So it may be different to standalone product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.