Whats wrong with my USB Pendrive?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by agentsil, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentsil

agentsil Registered Member

Dear experts..
    Suddenly my pendrive become like this (in the picture below..)
    http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2641/problemt.jpg
    all of my precious data was inside that Kingston II 101 pendrive.. how can i fix this? Anyone ever experience this problem before?
    Thanx in advance..

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Maybe some wisdom here ?

HTH

philby

3. agentsil

agentsil Registered Member

thanx for the feedback philby..but all those method doesn’t work on me, my flash drive’s led is ok and the computer is detecting it, it even appear on my computer but still not accessible, it keep saying “please insert a drive into drive (any drive letter i used to choose)..:(
    for the 2nd method, its even doesnt work at all..
    is there anyway experts here could suggest meo_O?

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Have you tried plugging it in to a different computer?

Have you tried rebooting the computer? I was having this problem with an external drive a while back and when I rebooted everything was fine again.

I had been having issues with another external drive about a year ago and if you do a search based on my user name and "external drive" you should find a thread where there were many suggestions as to how to possibly resolve the problem. What was happening was I would intermittently not be able to get my main PC to a) recognize the drive, or b) copy from one drive to another. It was not the drive because when I plugged it into my laptop it worked flawlessly. I never did solve the problem but it became a non-issue since the PC was junked a short time later. Regardless, there were a great many suggestions as to how to solve the problem and maybe one of them will work for you.

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Also, have you tried plugging it into a different USB slot on the same computer? I have an external HD that works properly when plugged into one slot, but not the others. I've never been able to figure out why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.