What's wrong with IE6???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bounty69sx, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

What is wrong with my wife's IE6? I can launch IE6 from my account but she can't. I have Win XP Home. FF 0.9 is ok on both accounts. I got a screen shot of the error message but I don't know how to post it here. Any ways it goes something like this.

1st error screen after IE launch has a title bar that says Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library. Error message says Runtime error! Then the path of IE6 and then abnormal program termination. When I click the ok button a 2nd error messsage appears.

Title bar is iexplore.exe-Application error. Message is as follows: The instruction at "0x71702d16" referenced memory at "0x01642f1c". The memory could not be "read". Click on ok to terminate program.

When I ok it the request to send error report to Microsoft pops up and i just deny it. Then the browser closes.

My other browser Firefox 0.9 works fine on both accounts. So what is wrongo_O?

Any info would be greatly appreciated by my wife. I seldom use IE6 anymore since I found out about FF0.9.

Thanks a lot.

2. HellHound

HellHound Registered Member

The problem lies on her profile.

Login with your account, go to "Documents & Settings" and rename her account. Now login with her account again and check if it works.

If it works just coppy all her personal data from the old account to the new.

Hope it works,
    Al :rolleyes:

3. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

bounty69sx;

Please check the Application and System logs in the Event viewer. If you find any anomalies, please post them here.

When you are in the Event Viewer, double-click on the supicious event. Then click on the button that has the document icon in it. That will put the event in the paste buffer. Paste the event here so that we can see it.

Close Hauled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.