what's this %s ERROR E-mail that I get

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by trial and error, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

Using RC1 ESS on XP x64 SP2.

I don't use my administrator account all the time, so I set up ESS to email my limited account. Several times I've gotten an E titled %s ERROR, I just got this:

"10/11/2007 22:22:35 PM - During execution of on the computer unknown, the following warning occurred: Antispam: Error starting antispam engine."

When I first installed RC1 I got an XP popup error message each time Outlook 2003 SP3 was opened in a limited account. It did not do this in the administrator's account. So I uninstalled, manually deleted the stuff from prefetch and registry, set all accounts to administrator, reinstalled, opened Outlook in each account, then returned the accounts to normal privileges. That stopped the popup windows error. Now I get these %s ERROR E's sent out by ESS every time a limited user opens Outlook.

At least ESS seems to be running smoothly now with this release, found one other issue I'll start a new thread for that.

2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Started seeing this often recently. On Vista x64.

3. trial and error

Thank you for your support crummock!

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

My pleasure.

Shame an Eset person doesn't feel like contributing.

5. trial and error

:cool: You read my mind.
    I guess I'll take it off the pc and put NOD322.7 back in for now. I love my pre-programmed Blackspear scans x 3 weekly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.