Whats this downloading?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by sukarof, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Hi

I have Vista 32bit ultimate and latest beta of Look´n´stop. When I look at the Welcome tab in LnS I see that it receives packets at a rate at about 1Mb/s. When I look in Port Explorer or netstat I can not see any active connections that could cause the download. Neither do I see any disc activity in Process monitor that shows real time disc writes.

I mean 20 minutes after I started the computer LnS claims that about 800Mb has been downloaded to my computer, and I have done nothing. I have another network meter and it only shows 2.43Mb downloaded which seems more realistic with Bitdefender 10 trial AV, Boclean and Prevx1 downloaded/checked for updates after bootup.

My question is; does LnS show the internet noice? meaning that it shows all the connection attempts to my computer but LnS blocks. Or is there something wrong with that counter? A bug?

Attached Files:

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Most of the packets are blocked (618 MB), so it would be interesting to know what kind of packets have been blocked.
    For more details, open the console windows, and click the Stats button, it will give you the number of packets and bytes per rule.

Frederic

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for you reply here is a pic from the console:

Attached Files:

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot, it shows the rule "TCP: Authorize most common internet service." has handled about 31 incoming MB and 9 outgoing MB.

What were the numbers displayed in the Welcome page at the same time ?
    Also we don't see the counters for all rules.

What I would like to check is if the data displayed in the Welcome page are the same in the counters rules. They should. If not there is a problem.
    If they are, then it will give exactly what kind of packets are downloaded.

Do you have a local network with several computers, are you using Internet Connection Sharing ? This could be the reason why on the ICS server side you see a lot of packets, when an ICS Client is downloading.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.