What’s the real difference of Kerio 4.1.3 free versions from a Kerio 4.2 free version

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :cool:
    The very first Kerio PF I have downloaded is the 4.1.3 version and I like it coz it really have made a big difference in my internet speed after I switched from ZoneAlarm. Web filtering feature is just not important coz I have some other software that take cares for that. Then comes the Kerio 4.2, but I was dismayed when I learned that the newly added HIPS feature was only available in their full version. After I learned that I have nothing to rejoice in this newer version coz I’m only using the free version then I was thinking of going back into 4.1.3 version. Is the Kerio 4.2 free “more protective” than 4.1.3 free version? o_O :D

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Re: What’s the real difference of Kerio 4.1.3 free versions from a Kerio 4.2 free ver

Don't know about more protective, but 4.2 fixes a few annoying bugs in 4.13 and I think it also added logging of packets to closed ports(?). I'd use 4.2 if I had a choice between those two.. It's the latest and probably the best.. even though some features aren't available in the free version...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.