What’s the real difference of Kerio 4.1.3 free versions from a Kerio 4.2 free version

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :cool:
    The very first Kerio PF I have downloaded is the 4.1.3 version and I like it coz it really have made a big difference in my internet speed after I switched from ZoneAlarm. Web filtering feature is just not important coz I have some other software that take cares for that. Then comes the Kerio 4.2, but I was dismayed when I learned that the newly added HIPS feature was only available in their full version. After I learned that I have nothing to rejoice in this newer version coz I’m only using the free version then I was thinking of going back into 4.1.3 version. Is the Kerio 4.2 free “more protective” than 4.1.3 free version? o_O :D

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Re: What’s the real difference of Kerio 4.1.3 free versions from a Kerio 4.2 free ver

Don't know about more protective, but 4.2 fixes a few annoying bugs in 4.13 and I think it also added logging of packets to closed ports(?). I'd use 4.2 if I had a choice between those two.. It's the latest and probably the best.. even though some features aren't available in the free version...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.