What's The Password Limitations For The Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by DasFox, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I tried to create a 64bit random character password to use for my forum password and in my CP it let me change it and it accepted it, but when I tried to log in with it I couldn't.

So far this is the second place I've tried to use a strong password that the control panels allowed you to make a change without telling you about password size or character limitations.

So there is a limit but it's not saying anything and I'd like to be able to make a strong password and without the control panel back-end giving me any warnings it's making it difficult. :(

THANKS

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Here's a previous thread asking about forum passwords:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=230333

The vBulletin input field for password has a max length of 50. (Go to the screen in the User CP where you can change your password - view the page source in your browser, search it for phrase "newpassword" and you'll see the limit coded there.)

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok well it would be nice when you guys have some time to edit the profile section so it tells everyone what the limitations are, also special character limitations too.

Usually most back-ends I've seen if you try to do what it doesn't allow usually stop and warn you, but with this I was able to just put it in without any warning... :blink:

THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.