What's the killer app?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Iangh, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

It can be less hands-on. The only problem is that it requires white-list online database with clean modules in it. Not sure if I can do this alone as I perfectly understand all the technical and human resources need for it...

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

It is normal situation for any new market that doesn't have "good practice" still.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

twl845 thanks for your reply but I don't think the parallel is correct.
    I would argue that I do have fire insurance - I have a hardware firewall to stop nasties getting in. I have a mail service which checks my mail. I use common sense when opening mail and I don't go surfing looking for trouble. Firefox also helps.

So I have my fire policy. You and others are perhaps telling me I need a more expensive policy with bells and whistles - too many features to mention type policy.

I would be more inclined to buy the expensive plan if I could see that it worked but it seems to me that even those loaded down with the multi layered plan get burned every so often. yet others with little or no protection seem to get by just fine. It really would be interesting to see some reliable figures - not distorted by vested interests.

I

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Ah now I'm beginning to see your whole strategy. Could your e-mail service be Mailwasher? That's what I use and nothing has ever gotten past it. I don't advocate suites that supposedly make you invinsible, but even if I had a hardware firewall, I'd still use an AV and something like SpywareBlaster and BOClean. I see your point when you say you surf safe. I'm the same way, and have only been infected twice in ten years with a virus or trojan. But I'm glad I was armed to the teeth.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.