What's the difference between ...... ?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-Rescue Forum' started by nikheff, Apr 26, 2014.

1. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Hi all! Quick question. What's the difference between Acronis True Image and Instant Rescue? I use ATI to make system images for operating system drive. From what I can gather, it seems that Instant Rescue does basically the same thing, i.e., a system recovery for some kind of catastrophic failure.

Do I really need to get Instant Rescue? Thanks for your help and any explanation of differences.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

ATI is a true mirror imaging program. Instant Rescue is a folder/file copy program with the unique ability to still recover your system if you cannot boot into Windows. But there is no recovery cd or USB key for recovery so you still need to be able to boot into "something" even though Windows is not required. Hard to explain, IR is very unique.

Acadia

3. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Thanks!

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

If your Bios remains in tact such that it will bring you to the boot menu selection screen you can boot into Instant Rescue, which will be an exact working copy of your formally working windows system as it existed when you installed IR with all programs and documents in tact-including documents created or downloads or most any other up to date folder made after after you installed IR through its "anchoring system" Then you are able to copy the working version of Windows preserved on your IR Recovery Area back onto your messed up system area.

That's how it is intended to work in theory. YMMV.

If you do decide to try it, if for some reason it does not install correctly, when you uninstall it make certain to click on "full uninstall" or else it will leave a useless copy of your system on some undetectable area of your drive. A full uninstall appears to be the only way to remove it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.