What’s the big difference of ProcessGuard from RegDefend?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    As I have seen these two programs… and was become curious coz they are popular here in our forum. I am wondering then that maybe they are just the same but was “introduced and explained by their developers in a different way.” That maybe I just need one of them to protect my pc. If you’ve given a choice w/c one should you choose? :)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Come on Sweater. Asking people's experience about using a program is one thing, but this question. Both programs have websites that describe the programs. You might want to start there.

3. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Re: What’s the big difference of ProcessGuard from RegDefend?

Come on Peter, being one of the official beta testers for these products, you should at least try to promote the products a bit and try to answer the question. :)

I'll do it for you and state the obvious. Processguard in general protects processes from being terminated, modified and handles other generic areas like execution starts and driver installation. What it doesn't do is to monitor the registry.

What Regdefend does is monitor the registry and nothing else.

4. Peter2150

Hi Pollmaster

Cool. Yes I am a beta tester, and no I don't mind answering questions about usage, but the basics that can be found on a website for the product. I know the forum is a good place for information, but it shouldn't relieve someone from doing some very basic reading on there own.

Pete

5. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Or perhaps you are now much more busy play acting as another special beta tester for a hotter product? :)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=574682#post574682
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=575106#post575106

6. Peter2150

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.