Whats the best way to revise for an impossible exam?.

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AnthonyG, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I am doing my university finals now. And there is just one module (immunology) that is just driving me insane trying to revise for. Just seems like it is totally above me. As all the rest of the examinations i am taking have some sort of basis for me to remember the info on. But this immunology one does not.

So I was just wondering as quite a lot of the members here are survived university graduates if there are any good tips or methods or ways you can best revise and learn stuff that makes literally no sense whatsoever and has no way of 'sticking in there in your memory'

Thanks
    Anthony

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

The thing I usually do for finals is to put a study group together and review old homework/tests together. If the professor doesn't porvide a review sheet for the final, we make our own by guessing what we think will be on the final. This usually comes from the kinds of questions that were on previous tests

3. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Immunology is indeed a difficult one. o_O:blink:
    Ask student that passed the exam earlier, for 'braindumps'.
    Some times you can find those on the internet.

Good Luck

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Have a word with your tutor about this/or your Immunology lecturer. Don't panic. Success is all about having confidence in your abilities in this subject. You start to panic when you realise you don't understand the subject and/or realise that revision time is running down fast.

Make sure you have ALL the notes, they are well-organised and you understand them. Have a chat with the Immunology high-fliers for help/advice.

Once you have a grasp of the basics, get hold of as many past papers as you can which are generally held in your University main library.

Good Luck.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

When I went the professor would take 1 maybe 2 classes & review what'd be on the final. I tape recorded those lectures. And listened to them a couple times while studying. And I listened to them as least 2x while relaxing & or napping. Gave me an advantage over my friends. And some even had higher marks than I going in.

6. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

As other people have said, previous exams are always a good source of information because they help define areas to learn about and reducing learning into smaller parts can make it less overwhelming

One thing that always used to help me was explaining it to someone else, even if you are just doing it from your own study notes the act of saying it to someone else (in a way that they can understand) often helps you organise and retain the information

And finally make sure you get a good nights sleep after each study session so your unconscious mind can organise what you absorbed during the day and then you can move on to the next part

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.