Whats the best media/brand of DVDr

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I am seeming to be having some mixed results with my brands of DVDr im trying so i am just curious as to what people think is the best and most reliable brand of DVDr currently on the market in th UK. I am a +R preferer as i like bitsetting the disks, so this is the type im most interested in comments on.

Im looking for best quality against price so saying verbatim as an answer might be the best but its very expensive.

Thanks

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well i always go back to ritek. the real ritek not the cheap rebranded ones. these usually have issues.
    a huge amount of the burn quality and amount of bad disks you end up with has as much if not more to do with the burner itself. some brands of burners for instance burn well with -r and they will all be fine. some others will only be good and reliable at burning +r's and not having issues. do a search on google there are specific forums that discuss which dvd's are best for which brand burners. i have used numerous brands of dvd burners and always end up back with pioneer. i have went through about 500 dvd -r riteks and not had a single bad disk yet. i have also used the cheapest media i could get at the time an also had no problems. with my nec and lite on drives (dvd drives) i had terrible luck with both of these, now with cd burners lite on is a great drive as is many others. dvd burners do tend to be more finicky about this. i believe cpu magazine did a test not to long ago about which media worked best in which drives. you may still find this on the website

3. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

I have for this reason 2 types of DVD's: Branded and Nonbranded.
    The very cheap ones i use for so called "trashdata-backup" like music files etc. The other ones for important backup stuff.

BTW... anybody is using the 8GB DVD's?
    I saw there only TraxData (and they are %$§&"%&% expensive!)

4. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

Taiyo Yuden

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Choose among only the brands recommended by your drive's manufactuer.
    Reputable drive manufacturers will have a list of recommend media at their web sites.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Been using Verbatim for years, never an error.
    Mrk

7. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

I use TDK and Imation and have never had a problem. I use Nero for all my burning, and every disc verifies. I've also used a bit-by-bit comparison program on "mission critical" backups and have always had 100% accuracy. Of course, your milage may vary, but I would feel comfortable using any of the major brands.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Verbatim for me too. My Dell likes them too.

9. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I've been using Sony & TDK on 2 PCs and a TV DVD Recorder without any problems for over 4 years.

10. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Remember that each disk brand have batches of different quality because each batch is made at different companies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.