What's the best between NPF 2004 and ZAP?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by c0ltran3, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

I'm sorry but I'm goig to put a comparison between NPF 2004 and ZAP.
    Thanks for your answers.

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Are you asking others to make a comparison? If so, I would make the following points:
    • Norton is a rules-based firewall which allows you to set more specific controls on applications than ZoneAlarm - however this is only going to be useful for advanced users who are prepared to take the time to find out what access each application needs;
    • Symantec have added Product Activation to all their products - this in my view raises concerns about whether the product may "deactivate" itself (or be deactivated by any malware) leaving you with a crippled product as well as the possibility that Symantec can force you to upgrade by withdrawing activation keys for the current version.
    In my view, Symantec should be avoided simply due to the Product Activation. ZoneAlarm is an easier choice for the novice, but if you want a rules-based firewall then check out Kerio or Outpost.

3. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

Paranoid2000
    thanks for your answer.

4. charlesvar

charlesvar Guest

As of ZAP 4.x, has rulemaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.