Whats the advantage of 10??????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by max0071, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

This is my deal. I have everything on c:. I do a full backup (image) only to an external hd. What is the edge in upgrading to 10o_O The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the new boot disk under 10 may have additional drivers making the boot disk under restore faster. I'm happy with 9.1 but if the restore is faster......over one hour in 9.1. How much faster if in fact the drivers on 10 are upgraded can I expect. I use Maxtor III one touch. Any comments are appreciated.

2. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

For you, nothing that I can see, unless you count the numerous problems your going to face with 10 until the builds become stable, remember 8 and then 9.... I'd stick with what you got since it works, and you are happy!

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have 9.1 then at this present time you'd be downgrading your application if you changed to 10.

Colin

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

To speed up your USB restores creating a BART PE TI rescue CD should be the answer.

Xpilot

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

How large is your image file that you are restoring? Maybe 1 hour to restore is normal for that size.

6. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

bodgy, I would not say that it will be downgrading. 9.1 is Enterprise versions of ATI (Server, Enterprise Server and Workstation). If you remember version 9.0 for Home users released earlier than 9.1 and 9.0 Home was much better than 8.0 of Enterprise (for me at leats)

max0071 if I were you and have one of the Enterprise versions of ATI 9.1 I would wait for 10.0 (or 10.1 may be) of Enterprise product. I think Acronis should released these soon (3-4 months may be). Ad then if you have AMPS you will get upgrade for free.

_Kento_

7. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

My image size on my laptop is about 10 gigs. Takes about 8 minutes to backup (image) and about the same to validate to an external HD. Takes about 1 hour to restore, used to be 2 hours, i don't know why that changed. I know xpilots suggestion is the right answer........BartPE, but that intimidates me for now. I was hoping that ATI 10 would have additional drivers that would speed up the restore, and that may well be the case, but for now I'm gonna stick with what I got and keep reading the posts to make me more smarter. Thanks for the input... all.

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

That's what I was referring to, to go from a Corporate version to the home version would mean a loss in functionality. ;)

Colin

9. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Colin,

Oh, I see, so I missunderstood you, sorry. Now I understood that we are talking about the same thing.

_Kento_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.