Whats is latest English Version for Eset Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I currently have Eset Smart Security Version 4.2.40.0, and have seen a new version posted. Version 4.2.58.0. Smart Security is refusing to auto update to version 4.2.58.0. I navigated to update options, and clicked the box for always update program component. Eset still does not update to the latest version. Is version 4.2.58.0 a beta build? What is the latest English Smart Security Build?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Ok, i believe i will keep the build i have now then. I'm not sure why Eset after all this time can't seem to get the auto update to work o_O

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello Cutting_Edgetech,

Auto updates work as they are supposed to. The only part of the program that's supposed to update as soon as a revision is made is the virus signature database.

Most "version upgrades" address only a few very *specific* issues. Unless you're experiencing one of those *specific* issues there's no benefit to upgrading.

Very rarely is a Program Component Upgrade (PCU) pushed out.. These will be downloaded by all ESET users (of that build) and will contain all those minor upgrades and usually something that's pretty important right away to most users. The reason they don't do this more often is that once a PCU is received you must reboot. Admin don't like to hear that they must reboot every machine on the network NOW. It has to be a big reason to push one out.

BFG

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Another reason for this is that security software integrates tightly with the oper. system which may cause, in spite of in-depth pre-release testing, new problems with certain software or drivers as a result of fixing certain issues. If it was possible to make tests on every single configuration, even Microsoft would push out service packs to their clients immediately when available. ESET releases program component updates only after a specific version has been available to users for a quite long time and no problems were reported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.