whats gonna happen with looknstop

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by habs, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs

habs Registered Member

I was just curious , all firewalls are updating their software and looknstop hasnt been updated in a long time, shouldnt this be an A1 priority with the new risks and new threats evolving daily, I mean I think Looknstop has to be one of the best but Im worried about the updates

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

looknstop is pretty basic as far as firewalls are concerned and doesnt need much updating. maybe LnS has a few bugs that could use fixing, but as long as it works ill use it.

i too would like to see a new version tho. the first version of lns i used was 2.05p2 and teh next i tried was 2.05p3 beta. not much there. OTOH, ive tried outpost v2.5-3.0.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I would be interested to know if there will be a new version as I am almost ready with my new computer to install a software firewall.
    I agree if one works without bloat then it will be great but concerned if the firewall has no future especially when I had hoped I would not have to uninstall just after installing o_O I have read the posts here and it is definitely one of the forums with the least posting big issues with the firewall as I read on other firewall specific forums but I am now o_O if LnS is looking to the future with a new release.
    I would prefer a version I know works which I think is the current on on LnS website and not have any beta installs. Firewalls aren't things I like to install/uninstall as cleaning up for after uninstalling can be a nightmare :(

4. RetupmocSoft

RetupmocSoft Registered Member

LnS still no 64-bit support (not even......compatible)o_O

On Windows 64-bit platform,
    1. cfosspeed x64 support basic (port-defense) firewall.
    2. Tiny x64 firewall is more strong firewall. (still beta, and not fully functional)
    3. Ghost x64 firewall, but not developing??

Maybe in 2007+, Windows Vista x64 released......

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes probably. some developers likely are waiting for more 64-bit users to justify the need for a 64-bit firewall. after all, it takes money, time, and effort to program it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.