whats gonna happen with looknstop

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by habs, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs

habs Registered Member

I was just curious , all firewalls are updating their software and looknstop hasnt been updated in a long time, shouldnt this be an A1 priority with the new risks and new threats evolving daily, I mean I think Looknstop has to be one of the best but Im worried about the updates

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

looknstop is pretty basic as far as firewalls are concerned and doesnt need much updating. maybe LnS has a few bugs that could use fixing, but as long as it works ill use it.

i too would like to see a new version tho. the first version of lns i used was 2.05p2 and teh next i tried was 2.05p3 beta. not much there. OTOH, ive tried outpost v2.5-3.0.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I would be interested to know if there will be a new version as I am almost ready with my new computer to install a software firewall.
    I agree if one works without bloat then it will be great but concerned if the firewall has no future especially when I had hoped I would not have to uninstall just after installing o_O I have read the posts here and it is definitely one of the forums with the least posting big issues with the firewall as I read on other firewall specific forums but I am now o_O if LnS is looking to the future with a new release.
    I would prefer a version I know works which I think is the current on on LnS website and not have any beta installs. Firewalls aren't things I like to install/uninstall as cleaning up for after uninstalling can be a nightmare :(

4. RetupmocSoft

RetupmocSoft Registered Member

LnS still no 64-bit support (not even......compatible)o_O

On Windows 64-bit platform,
    1. cfosspeed x64 support basic (port-defense) firewall.
    2. Tiny x64 firewall is more strong firewall. (still beta, and not fully functional)
    3. Ghost x64 firewall, but not developing??

Maybe in 2007+, Windows Vista x64 released......

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes probably. some developers likely are waiting for more 64-bit users to justify the need for a 64-bit firewall. after all, it takes money, time, and effort to program it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.