Whats better Tomato VPN Router or VPN Client?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheCatMan, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

Hi am trying to decide which is the better option, am still very new to all this but have a Asus Router, running Tomato and my VPN running successfully.

Its nice and simple and no need to run any 3rd party software like the vpn client or openvpn, also devices that connect to it run through the vpn too so no further configuration or messing about!

However the vpn client is nice and simple, allows quick disconnection to use your real isp's ip and full bandwidth, while at the same time you can choose multiple servers around the world and you have the major benefit of vpn over Tor for more security which am not sure a tomato router can do.

Which method do you guys prefer to use your VPN with ?

2. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

i use the client because it's hassle free and i do not have access to my router anyway.

3. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

I would also suggest using comodo firewall to block internet if your client fails, also check you are not leaking dns. Clients are great, but its nice to have it on the router and not bother with any software or settings :) still on a router you must fix the above exploits also.

Can also plug in other devices or connect to the router and have other devices running off the vpn too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.