What you can expect from Windows Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DonKid, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

2. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    Well, this article is certainly not an incentive to install Vista, specificly the part about UAP was very revealing, making someone click through several pop-up messages is no real security measure, the 'normal' user will just get annoyed and click through those things, it only slows you down.

Gonna grind down this XP install 'till 2025, maybe then they have a usable OS to replace this one. ;)

regards
    Lamehand

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It's almost unbelievable, that MS with all that money, brains and years of experience, creates an OS like winVISTA with such reasoning errors, like UAP.

I stick to winXPpro32-bit and my next OS will be winXPpro64-bit.

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

For sure after reading this, I won't rush to upgrade my system.:D :D

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I definitely won't be upgrading. I do not even remotely care for the idea of having to go through that much crap logged on as the Administrator, to do mundane tasks. I don't think so. That is why I use an admin account, so I don't get those stupid messages.

Ya, I won't be upgrading. I still haven't upgraded to XP SP2 because of the major number of bugs. In fresh installs I install it, but I refuse to do an "upgrade" and watch my system throw up in the floor....no thanks.

What is up with MS these days. Why is the Fisher Price themes so popular? I hate them and have to spend time to get rid of them.

Glass windows?? I hope there is a feature like in XP to revert back to "Classic " Settings.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Looks like Vista has to be improved quite a lot to be less annoying. But since I´m not planning to buy a new machine untill 2010, I don´t see myself installing it right away, I think I will probably settle for XP SP3. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.