What Would Be Simple Snapshot Backup For Newbies?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by DasFox, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I have a friend who I fix their computers for, and I decided I needed to get a nice, simple, safe, newbie friendly backup/snapshot program like Returnil.

Freeware please.

What other ones are there, I can't think of the names right now, but what would you recommend as the simplest, safest and best working?

THANKS

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

FDISR Rescue-effective, simple and cheap for the technically challenged.
    Its a true snapshot restore,not a virtual world which may confuse and really quite different.
    Better still is Rollback,but not as simple.

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Actually I'm in same kind of situation. After installing Windows too often I see why people love to backup their system. Now I can decide which to try/buy.

I'm running Shadow Defender to all drivers so maybe a Rollbax/EAZ-FIX based isn't the best option? So should I go and test FD-ISR? Is that best option in my case? Which backup programs can work with FD-ISR?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ShadowProtect and FDISR makes a great combo.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I highly recommend EAZ-FIX courtesy the good, helpful & talented folks at eazsolutions. It's proven for me the next best ISR after the original FD-ISR by Leapfrog formerly distributed by Raxco.

Here are some facts about it that can help you in your comparisons.

http://www.eazsolution.com/en/faq.php

6. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Sorry I forgot to mention, Freeware please.

We are talking TOTAL full on newbies, so this has to be real easy software to use...

THANKS

7. MikeNAS

So you recommended EAZ-FIX not FD-ISR "Rescue" or RollBack Rx. Why? Is there any problems that actually my system is always same (if everything is ok) because I use SD all the time. What I need is couple of Snapshots before I activate SD and connect my network cable.

8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

9. MikeNAS

If I have understood correctly Raxco is discontinued and Leapfrog is the one who made that technology. So Horizon DataSys is the only place to buy that?!

EDIT: Hey where I can buy EAZ-FIX? There isn't any webshop and I don't believe that there is any local resellers in Finland. Sadly it was just in Give Away of the Day

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

What seems really strange is Horizon makes Roll Back RX, and FirstDefense-ISR Rescue.

Basically they are the same thing, just worded different, LOL...

Boy I'm lost on these two, hehe... :eek:

11. MikeNAS

http://www.pcundo.com/

Place where you can buy EAZ-FIX. So any information what kind of license that is? 1 year? Version 8?

12. Hairy Coo

Long story about FDISR-see its section-HDS now are the sole developers,but only have a simplified version called Rescue,which only has 1 snapshot capability,enough for a restore
    HDS also develop Rollback,completely different to any FDISR but the same as EaziFix and a few others.
    None of these are freeware so they arent relevant to this thread,but would still recommend Rescue,only $39.

Just use the Windows System Restore-quite adequate,or a proper free imager is Drive Image XML here,but a bit complex for the beginner.

Eazifix and Rollback are purchased outright,not annually and both are version 8.1,but last time I checked a few weeks ago,Rollback was one developement further in the number after 8.1-essentially seemed the same.

Edit;the site on MIkeNas thread-has EaziImage,which,by its description, seems to be the same as Rescue for only $20-worth testing.

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I wouldn't place the cart before the horse untill more users of the latest Rx version rings in with reports of complete satisfaction in results. Then and only then would it be assumed up to the level and stability of EAZ-FIX, because it's not been EAZ-FIX plagued with sour reviews and complaints but RX, and numerous over a good long time.

14. Hairy Coo

Easter good buddy-you just wont be convinced, will you that they are essentially the same.:)
    I've tried both-no difference-so best just to buy the one that is cheaper.

Why dont you try RBx out without prejudice and satisfy yourself.There have been no complaints by and large about the current RBx except for individual users with system incompatabilities,which would also apply to EaziFix-this all has been discussed before.

Anyway-back to the topic.

15. MikeNAS

I'm gonna test EAZ-FIX now. That's Easy Image looks good too. Is that included in EAZ-FIX or totally separate program? My download isn't finished yet :D

16. Hairy Coo

Separate-you should test both-completely different concepts.
    EaziFix would be much more comprehensive than EaziImage and is excellent.

17. MikeNAS

EAZ-FIX looks so good. Now I'm very sad that I missed Give Away of the Day offer. Say good bye to 49$ :D First I have to find out exactly license type.

18. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

You get the updates up to version 9 for free.
    My recommendation is to test the software for the 15 days the trial license gives you before you pay for it.
    More than once have I gotten very enthusiastic about a software and bought it one or two days after I installed it.
    Most of those software lies zipped on my online hard drive wasting space :)

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

No way jose, twice bitten tree times shy. Rx is history for me PERIOD.

eaz-fix is come out far more ahead and i have no intention of ever wasting time on it again or losing data again from their obvious irresposibilities and neglect to your customers again.

I don't care how or what changes they made to try some recovery effort for that program, but it's over and finished. EAZ-FIX is infinitily proven better at adressing issues promptly and is cornered Rx.

No looking back again

20. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok I'm lost here with the battle of the rollback discussions going on, LOL...

Me I can handle just about anything, BUT again we are talking about a friend of mine who is a major newbie, so this has to be simple and work 100% without problems.

Her box is for business, so it's very important this thing works and no problems.

So what apps are we now saying, freeware or shareware?

Forget I said freeware if it's not going to be a better option...

THANKS

21. MikeNAS

I'm gonna buy EAZ-FIX. I just got exact license information.

So so... If I pay that maintenance what I actually get? All version before 10 or just 9.0?

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Been there and done that too often before. Everyone has their own limitations to how many times they will suffer at the hands of incompetence and mine is reached it's full limit.

As for EAZ-FIZ, that is very wrong inaccurate assessment & comparison, EAZ-FIZ is not puked once for me whereas the other has exhibited severe consequences on both my system and conscious and i no intentions of ever taking that chance again.

And why would anyone? When you do find an app that's perfect & stable as well as up to your expectations theres no reason to go backwards again.

I still cling to the belief that both apps are DIFFERENT and my results have already proven this out.

More power to Rx customers "IF IT WORKS, AND CONTINUES TO WORK" as expected now, but consider this, theres been a very long period between it's issues and this recent release. So i don't buy into the fact they are the same, just one look at their respective sites and it's unmistakable they both reside in different locales = different labs.

23. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Hey can we stop having the "War of the Rollbacks" and get on with the topic to help me find a good app?

Sheesh is it to much to ask? LOL... :blink:

Anyhow if anyone has input fine, but please let's just keep it brief and on topic, because this isn't helping anyone...

So again, what apps, freeware or shareware are proven reliable and stable?

Surely there must be someone?

THANKS

P.S. Are we saying there is no proven winner? :doubt:

24. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  25. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

A tad slow, but reliable and easy to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.