What will be after trial period?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR BETA Forum' started by mrhero, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I am not a licensed user so what will be after 14 days? Why doesn't leapfrog provide a beta license?

2. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings,

After the 14-days, you will not be able to use the interface (No copy, no config, etc).

-Todd

3. DanHonemann

DanHonemann Registered Member

I'm in a similar position... not a licensed user yet (or even a trial user) but am interested in testing and most likely buying FD-ISR. I already use an imaging product (Acronis True Image) so am not in any huge hurry... just wondering whether it is best to jump in now with the current release or wait until the beta goes into production.

If I buy a license for the current version, will I be entitled to a free upgrade to the new version once the beta is released? Will that involve an uninstall and removal of prior snapshots, etc.?

I'm an XP SP2 user, so no need for Vista support.

Dan

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Dan

You might as well go for it now. You will be amazed how well it helps you even with ATI.

Pete

5. DanHonemann

DanHonemann Registered Member

Thanks, Pete. I guess what I'm asking--and probably no one can answer this--is when is the beta anticipated to be released into production? I'm not in a big hurry here, so am trying to avoid a scenario where I invest time and money into the current release of FDISR only to have the beta come out a couple of weeks later and have to un-install and re-initiate the project all over again.

Dan

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Dan

I am now speaking in terms of dealing with Raxco. I would purchase FD, and honestly I pay them the maintenance agreement thing. They are one of the few vendors where it is really worth it. Upgrades are usually just an install on top with no issues. Also you can uninstall and reinstall without removing snapshot. It's really painless.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.