What was in NOD32 - v.7527 - it is missing?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by webyourbusiness, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I have been wondering the same; glad I'm not the only one. I don't even know whether it actually existed; I went from 7526 to 7530.

BTW: the (beta) Virus Radar site is also going straight from 7526 to 7530 (with missing 7527, 7528, 7529)
    http://www.virusradar.com/en/update_info

W_2012_10_01_1.gif

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Attached Files:

4. webyourbusiness

my updates made the same skip from 7526 to 7530 - and I update quite frequently...

5. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Same in my Event Log. Maybe they didn't pass internal quality control and were skipped.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I poll the updates server, hourly, by default. I suspect it may have been an issue at the Virus Lab. Not too concerned as I am fully protected although it would be nice to know what happened to the missing updates.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's nothing but a numbering issue. Even if you didn't download particular updates, the next update will ensure that all available signatures and modules are downloaded and installed.

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Dear Marcos,

I expected an answer like this all the time. With all due respect, the answer says almost nothing. The ones who have posted in the thread, all know about the latter part of your answer (well, I suppose they know). Others may didn't know it, however. About the first part of it ("It's nothing but a numbering issue"), well if that's all you, representing ESET, want to say about it, so be it :ouch:

BTW: speaking for myself, my post was also aimed as a kind of an heads-up to ESET like: hey guys, aside of 7527, there is more going on and two of your sites (one being in beta, I admit) are contradicting each other. ;)

Kind regards

9. webyourbusiness

^^^^ what he said. I know I'm not missing out on updates, but is there something to put in the database for v7527, or do I just enter "ESET made a mistake and skipped this one" - looks silly to me, but I guess mistakes happen...

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There was nothing between the 2 updates, simply a few numbers were skipped with no effect on the signature database itself.

11. webyourbusiness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.