What version of TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shootist, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootist

Shootist Registered Member

I have a new Core2 system with the Intel P965/ICH8R chipset and TI 9 3677 does not see my hard drives when booting the PC from the TI rescue/Boot CD. Which make the program and images created frominside Windows totally useless.
    Does TI 9 Workstation support newer hardware? Funny that this "newer" hardware has been out for months and Acronis has done nothing to support it on there boot CD. Or will I be in the same boat with workstation that I'm in with Home.
    What other image program supports the new Intel chipset SATA controller??

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The Acronis Boot CD is Linux and the drivers you need are most likely not on the CD. You're already trying to build a BartPE CD here http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16870173 which is windows based. A much better choice in my opinion. You can easily add the windows drivers if they are not already in XP. Mustang's plugins work well with BartPE or if you prefer a highly customized version of BartPE got to http://www.reatogo.de/.
    Quite frankly the Linux based rescue cd is continually behind in drivers and can't be modified easily to add them as needed. Search the forum for a litany of issues such as yours.

3. Shootist

Tom I thank you for the reply but it can't be this hard to make a bartpe CD.
    I'm not stupid but this is just over my head. I have done everything I can thing of to fix the errors and still I get them and NO bartpe CD with TI or DD. In fact when I look at the plugins through the builder program DD is enabled and TI isn't. Then when I try to enable it it comes up with a error that can't find file X *.*/files/common file xxxxxxxxxxxx.
    I'm at a real loss here and I have searched the NET, Google, and this forum and I can not find any real explanation of either how to correct the errors or what to modify in the plugins .inf files that are pointing to something I don't have. To be honest a plugin should be complete with all the files it needs to run.
    If you could give me some links to direction just how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Yeah I'm looking for any help I can get. This is just beyond me. I can't believe it is this hard to get it to work.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shootist,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I am afraid that the support for this hardware has not been implemented in any build yet. The support for this hardware will be implemented in the nearest future. We are sorry for current inconvenience.

Please also note that currently we have an ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD which supports your hardware. We can provide you with the unique link to download it. As this can only be done via e-mail, please submit a request for technical support indicating that you want to contact Ivan Sarychev. Please provide the link to this thread in your request.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Ivan Sarychev

Acronis, Inc.
    52 3rd Avenue
    Burlington, MA 01803 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

5. Shootist

Well I did find out how do get the plugins for both TI and DD into the BartPE CD. In the expanded plugin you download, in my case I used the Mustang plugins, there is a HTM file that give you the instructions to create the actual plugin that gets included in the BartPE CD. Funny how on the 3 different forums I posted to about the problem I was having NO ONE simply said READ the HTM file for instructions/directions to create the plugin.
    Thank you Acronis I will email you with a link to this thread for the ISO file. Hopefully you also have a ISO for DD. If so I would like the link to that also.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Shootist,

Bit late in the day I know but here is an extract from one of the many similar replies that I've posted in this Forum:

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.