What use is Snap Restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hoon37, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoon37

Hoon37 Registered Member

Can someone please explain what use Snap Restore is?
    I've tried this on my first computer, then when I upgraded tried it on my new computer with the same result. If I use a "normal" restore, it takes about 10 minutes and I'm up and running again. If I use "Snap Restore", it takes about 15 minutes (stalls for longer than usual on the loading WIN XP screen) BUT the HDD keeps running flat out for about the next 20 - 30 minutes making normal use of the computer near impossible.
    I thought the purpose of Snap Restore was to get you up with basic operations ASAP and then load remaining applications in the background in the order you need them. With both my computers, the HDD continues to work so hard everything runs so slow....almost to the point of timing out (and this is on an E6400 with 1Gb of RAM).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hoon37,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

You understood the Acronis Snap Restore feature correctly. With this feature, you can boot the OS on a crashed computer before the system is completely restored from an image, and start work shortly after the restoration is launched. The restoration will continue in the background. I would recommend that you have a look at chapter 3.6 "Acronis Snap Restore" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide to find the detailed explanation on how Acronis Snap Restore works.

As for the behavior of Acronis True Image you have experienced, please clarify the following:

- When you used "normal" restore did you restore the same image archive as with Acronis Snap Restore?

- Have you restored the image to the same drive or to another drive?

Please also provide us with the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the information about restoration in both situations (with and without using of Acronis Snap Restore). In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. powermax

powermax Registered Member

Warning!

You will erase all your partitions that you didn't backup it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.