What Type of Information does Prevx Transmit?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by cornellian, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornellian

cornellian Registered Member

Hello,

I am wondering what type of information the Prevx program transmits to Prevx servers?

I noticed on the my.prevx.com site I could see the computer names and OS versions of all the clients. Does the software client transmit any other personally identifiable information? Also, is all information transmitted over SSL?

Finally, on the prevx.com site, under the guarantee, it states:
    "Expert Assistance. In the rare occurrence that Prevx 3.0 malware removal fails - a Prevx Engineer will connect to your PC and manually disinfect"

Is the remote connection capability built into the Prevx software and if so, is there a way to disable this?

Thanks for the help,
    Will

2. markusg

markusg Registered Member

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Prevx transmits information anonymously about programs on your PC and the behaviors which they perform. MyPrevx holds additional information so that the user can view more specific details on infections or individual PCs but unless you are using MyPrevx, this data is not stored.

As markusg said, there is no remote assistance capability built into the product - we use a service called LogMeIn Rescue which allows the user to view everything that the engineer is doing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

4. cornellian

cornellian Registered Member

Thank you for the help. One last question, I read in the privacy policy that "[Prevx] also sends details of visited website URLs to our database to verify the legitimacy of the URLs."

If I disable and don't use the SafeOnline tool in Prevx does the software still monitor and transmit websites?

Thanks again for the help,
    Will

5. markusg

markusg Registered Member

no i do not think so.

but i think the http and https protection is important

for example you have an unknown data stealer, prevx online can protect your passwords and so on.

6. PrevxHelp

Disabling SafeOnline will result in Prevx not sending or storing any URL data to our centralized database. For what it's worth, SafeOnline does not store URLs but just performs a "point" check on them to check their legitimacy while the user is browsing.

Hope that helps! :)

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

To clarify, is this the full and complete privacy policy (1) of the Prevx and SafeOnline products, or (2) of the Prevx website -- or (3) both?

8. PrevxHelp

I believe this is the privacy policy of the website - the product itself has a discrete EULA which can be viewed pre-installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.