What type of cell phone and how much daily use?

Discussion in 'polls' started by acr1965, Jan 5, 2015.

?

What type of phone and how much use?

1. Windows Phone for basic telephone use

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Windows Phone for use for talking and some text messaging and data

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Windows Phone for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, email, calendar, music, games etc

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. iPhone for basic telephone use

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. iPhone for use for talking and some text messaging and data

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. iPhone for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, email, calendar, music,games, etc

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Android for basic telephone use

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Android for use for talking and some text messaging and data

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  9. Android for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, email, calendar, music, games, etc

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  10. Other type of phone (name which) for basic telephone use

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  11. Other type of phone (name which) for use for talking and some text messaging and data

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  12. Other type of phone for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, calendar, music, games, etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Don't use a cell phone

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

What type of cell phone do you use? Also how much do you use it and ow involved is your phone in your daily life? If "other" please state what type of phone you use.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I use an Android phone for Facebook, gaming and a little bit of calling and texting. I would feel lost if I went anywhere without my phone. I've owned a number of Android phones, and I can't see me switching to another OS anytime soon.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  3. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Me too, no way i could switch away from android. Had an iphone once, sighhhh, what was i thinking...

4. roger_m

I nearly did buy an iPhone a few years ago as my first smartphone, but ended up going for Android instead.

I just wish there was a decent backup solution for Android.

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Android for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, email, calendar, music, games, etc: but I use internet only for need, because I don't like to do it on a small display.

6. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Android for lots of daily use - talk, txt msging, internet, email, calendar, music, games, etc.
    No email.

7. 4Qman

4Qman Registered Member

Android - Talk, whatsapp, Evernote (really impressed with this app), music, email, shopping

Basically everything.

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

what have you tried that has not worked out? I ask because I am concerned about the same issue as what you have.

9. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Well to you truth, my current phone is a nexus, i have just always used Nexus Root Toolkit by wugfresh for all my backups. But prior to this (non root) MybackupPro has never let me down. It has the ability to save not only apps but all data associated if you choose. For SMS and Call backups i use (sms backup and restore by Ritesh Sahu) and (call logs backup and restore by Ritesh Sahu). Personally even without the phone being rooted, google automatically syncs and back ups your apps, and iv used the two mentioned extensions for when the phone is completely stock. Its not a bad idea to start fresh sometimes however.

regards.

10. mhf

mhf Registered Member

Ordinary Samsung phone : just talk and SMS ...

11. guest

guest Guest

Android for texting and calling. Occasionally music playing too when I'm traveling.

12. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Android phone for talking and texting.

13. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

None. I don't need to be connected or reachable 24/7.

14. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Lucky you ;)

15. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Other: a Doro (Doro PhoneEasy). That's a special phone for elderly and senior people (for example with bad eyes). Just phone and SMS (text). And even then for SMS I need to hold it very, very close to one eye (the other one is out of the question) to be able to read it at all... SMS goes the old way: sometimes you need to push a button several times for a certain character. I do everything in upper characters; no idea how to make difference between lower and upper ones.
    Wished it had a camera (newer version of the Doro has it). So far for my eyes (but that's not exactly a secret here).

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Sanyo ZIO Android.

17. guest

guest Guest

And that is why I don't buy high-end smartphones. Such premium features won't be needed by me, not in the long run. Although I do admit that I'm very interested in waterproof capability since I tend to get rained a lot.

18. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Samsung Android Centura 738 put out by tracphone. Used for calls, texts, and accessing apps. Triple minutes on a 1 year deal gives me 1,200 minutes. That's enough minutes for me with a little left.

19. roger_m

MyBackup Pro and others. With some phones I've had problems with restoring backups where the restored apps dissapear after a reboot. I have not found a single solution that always works.

This is a big issue for me as I change phones quite often, and when I do, I want to transfer all the apps and app data from the old phone to the new one.

Wondershare's Mobile Go, seems to be quite a good program for doing this and runs on Windows, but I have not used it enough yet to comment on how well it works.

Backing up texts isn't an issue for my as my messaging app Youni SMS (which is finally available in English again) automatically backs up every SMS to the cloud.

20. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

What about Kies? You could backup files to Dropbox and settings and stuff on Kies

PS: I bought an iPhone 6 last month, the video camera on this thing @ 60 fPS blows out any phone's camera I've had out of the water. You need to see it while you are recording a video, it's like real life not laggy 30 FPS :)

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

With root, what you're trying to accomplish is quite easy. Without root, you need something that backs up using adb.

I use Android for far more than just a phone. In fact, I started Android without phone service.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  22. roger_m

I haven't got a Samsung phone so can't use Kies. Also, I don't think Kies backs up app data, which is something I need.

23. roger_m

I root all of my Android devices, and still have come across backup issues.

24. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Oh when I had a Galaxy S3 there was a good popular app that I bought for like $2 USD that backs up all your apps so if you ever format or root your device, reinstalling them all in one shot is a breeze.

25. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Time to try an iPhone

I am no iPhone fanboy as this is my 2nd iPhone after having very negative experience with my first iPhone which was an iPhone 5 due to its horrible battery life and getting so hot while doing video chats on Skype but this iPhone 6 has a bigger battery I think it's 1700mAH if I'm not mistaken vs 1400 mAH for the iPhone 5/5S and doesn't have any of the heat issues.

IMO, I like the apps of iPhone just a tad better and like how everything is backed up in the cloud. if I ever factory reset my device, it would take me no longer than 10 mins to be back up and running where I left off

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.