What to restore after malware infection

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MissKitty, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKitty

MissKitty Registered Member

I am restoring a new Gateway desktop i5 that I accidentally infected with malware.

Just after getting the desktop and updating Windows 8, I made an image archive of the entire computer with Paragon Back & Recovery 2013 Free. As I now go through the Paragon restore wizard procedure I eventually get to "What to restore" and I have these to pick from:

Basic GPT Hard Drive 0 (ST3100...

Then in that directory above there is:

Recovery
    ESP
    Local Disk
    Gateway (C)
    Push Button Reset

I can pick any or all of these and the "Next" button is not grayed out. So, all are possible. My question is, to restore my computer to the state it was in prior to the malware infection, which do I need to pick. I believe it should be "Gateway (C)" but I wish to check with those much more knowledgeable than myself before proceeding with the restore. What do you recommend?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Seems to be an UEFI system. The safest thing to do is to restore everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.