What to do with bounced emails?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sakharg, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakharg

sakharg Registered Member

Lately, I've been getting several notices from a great many ISPs about undeliverable email. It's pretty clear from cursorily examining the headers that my email address is being used to send spam, and many of these random addresses are bouncing back to me on account of, well, not existing. So far, the primary worry is the flooding of my mailbox with such bounces, but what happens if I get a notice/warning from my ISP or elsewhere (Spamcop, for eg) about such matters?

Is there any way of being proactive in this matter before that last thing happens? And if I do get a warning, what steps should I take to prove my innocence?

Apologies if this is not considered a security issue...sorry, but if there is a more appropriate forum to ask this question, I'd appreciate it if you could redirect me. Thanks very much in advance for all help and advice.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

sakharg,

see my reply over here

link fixed - paul

regards,

paul

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Can't get that link to work on either IE or FireBird.

If nothing else, he needs to make his ISP aware of the problem - ASAP - to head off possible action on their part if they mistakenly identify him as the spammer. Pete

Attached Files:

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Pete,

Apologies, I don't know what went wrong. Link fixed now ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.