What the heck Avast!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I was, "was" being key word here, using Avast, and the folder for its sandbox got created on my D: drive, which is my recovery drive. What gives?

Attached Files:

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

No idea, but I just wanted to post to say that you should let them know, so they can fix it, if it's some bug. :)

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

They will see it. It is weird. By law, I am only allowed to post on this forum.:(

4. vlk

vlk AV Expert

This is the folder with the sandbox (mirrored) data. It's on every drive. If avast is installed, it's hidden. Once you uninstall avast, you will be able to see it.

If you don't intend to use avast anymore you can remove the folders manually.

In the meantime, avast uninstaller will be modified so that it will delete these folders automatically.

Thanks
    vlk

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm sure there's a story here.

6. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

frankly i think it's your pc manufacturer that you should be complaining to. they are the one who didn't think there's any potential problem having the recovery partition on D drive. so why should you?

7. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Uninstalling should remove the hidden folder.
    The glitch has been acknowledged.
    On my Compaq the recovery partition is D. I am blissfully ignorant of any "potential problem" this may cause.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok, what the hell happened here? I know Vlk posted a reply on this matter.

Anyway, i'll try to explain again. This folder is dedicated to avast! Sandbox feature (avast! stores virtualized files in here) and normally when avast! is installed you won't even see it. When you uninstall avast!, this folder appears.
    Vlk said that they will update the installer/uninstaller so this folder will be deleted when avast! is uninstalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.