What the h*ll does tis mean

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by RSpanky, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

First off I restored a image from my disk, everything seemed to go OK. After the restore Prevx popped up and you have a possible root kit in your MRB so like a dumming I deleted it. Now everytime I turn my laptop on I get this up in the left hand corner of my screen that says Fehler beim Laden des Betriebssystems_. So can someone please tell me what the h*ll this is and can I fix it or just get rid of my laptop. I forgot to say I restored my image with DriveSnapshot and I'm on Vista Home Premium SP2 Please Help

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

That's strange, Fehler beim Laden des Betriebssystems is German for "Error Loading Operating System".

3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Maybe a false + from Prevx. Using Google translation, it seems to be a boot up issue where an Operating system can't be found, probably a result of deleting something from the MBR.

Hopefully you have your Vista dvd, at least oem, so you can try this Vista startup repair guide. I've used the option with tremendous success before where I buggered up the mbr. Hope it helps.

4. RSpanky

watO114 sorry to say I don't have a Vista dvd not sure what oem stands for? I can't even log on to to get to the url you suggested

5. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

oem: Original equipment manufacturer. Basically you need the installation disk for Vista. If you can borrow one just for the repair option, then that would work.

But you are posting here?? Anyways, a borrowed Vista installation disk - not a Recovery disk - will work. Do you have a Drivesnapshot recovery disk? That might work.

6. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

:ouch:
    you are online now: :)
    What image software??
    Does it have a boot CD or floppy??

Is there anything else in your MBR: imaging, rollbacks tools or such that might be a problem ??
    Any other security apps??

If you dont have some sort of recovery disc already set-up, you may have to go somewhere else and make a BartsPE disc from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ to create a bootable CD.

Once booted with the Bart's CD you can open a Command Prompt window
    and run the recovery console commands.

This might help,
    http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=2537

Google: fixmbr vista OEM
    Let us know how you go.

:( Lesson for the day: don't delete just because ....:cautious: and software will f--k up :gack:
    Unhappily there are lots of FPs for legitimate "anything elses" that may be in the MBR.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. RSpanky

Sorry I did'nt say but I am on my desktop, I tried to boot up with my recovery disk that I made with DriveSnapshot. Everytime the same message

8. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

You may have to boot into the BIOS (Enter Setup) and check the boot order of your devices, and make sure your optical drive is listed before the h/drive, unless your rescue disk is a floppy, in which case it will have to be listed first (as it usually is).

9. RSpanky

wat0114 Thanks for your replies, My rescue disk is a CD I not sure how to get into BIOS when I boot with my CD I get the same german message

10. RSpanky

OK here's what I had to do, I called Toshiba's Customer Support Center, I had to order a Recovery CD for 24.95 money well spent and a lesson learned about deleting anything before checking it out. They it will take about 10 shipping days to get it so I will post back when I get my laptop up and running. Thanks to everyone for helping out. Again Thanks RSpanky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.