What should the average computer have in terms of internet protection?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by j123, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j123

j123 Registered Member

After finding this site iv become paranoid about internet security, and im having a hard time deciding what i really need.

Atm im using norton firewall, and AV. also running spybotSD, adaware, spywareblaster, spyguard, ewido, avg, mru blaster.

Im wondering what else i should be using on my computer for all around good protection.

Also what internet options i should change from defaults if any?

The comp is used by many family members so trying to prevent people from going to sites that may not be the safest is hard.

I know this is alot to ask.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi J123, ;)

I'd add IE-Spyad to the list ... available Here

and maybe consider and Anti-Trojan ... I use DiamondCS TDS-3 ... it's outstanding

**edit** oops, I missed that you listed ewido

30 day trials - TDS-3 or Mischel Internet Security - Trojan Hunter 3.9

Freeware Version - A2 [sqaured] from Emsisoft

But like D&C said browse around ... there's lots of available stuff ... it's probably easier to answer specific questions about particular products, when you find something you'd like to try. There's lots of help available, so ask away! ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2004
  4. j123

j123 Registered Member

Thank you for the link was having a hard time finding specific info through search. So far iv added Eraser, iespyad, and 3s. iv heard 3s isnt very complete?

Thank you very much for the help

5. 0_0

0_0 Guest

System Security Suite works great for me. It will erase your IE cookies, History, & cache. Plus the index.dat files associated with them & more. What is incomplete about that? Unless you mean that it's still on your hard drive and recoverable by certain software, is this what your saying? If so, you just need to overwrite the free space with eraser to remove it more permanently.

6. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.