What should my friend do when the cable gets disconnected?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by cheater87, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My friend has Roadrunner Cable and there only 1 light is flashing green and the rest are blank and she needs to have them all green and working. What is the best way to fix thiso_O Is it turning off the power to the router after the computer is shut downo_O Or unplug the cord in the back of the cable boxo_O

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hi cheater. If your friend has a spliter that splits signal to the television and modem disconnect it from the spliter and modem.next power down the modem and connect the cable that comes in from the street and connect directly to the modem.after a few minutes of powered down power back up if the modem sinks you either have a bad spliter or a bad section of cable that comes off the spliter to the modem.If it does not work you need a tech from her service provider to check the db signal coming in from the street. For high speed cable the signal must be strong.Example a + plus 9 db is great a low plus is not good and anything -negative to really bad =No connection.Keep in mind a television signal does not require a very high db signal to get clear televison high speed internet/modem a must.try this and see how it goes.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Here I just turn the power off/on to the router without turning the pc off and wait for all the needed lights to show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.