What settings do most use for Bitdefender Anti Virus Plus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nine9s, Oct 15, 2014.

1. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

I just started using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, and I am surprise it does not have many settings.

I want some control over it. I want it to notify me before it does anything with a suspicious file(s), for example.

I suppose I need to use custom settings. What settings do people recommend.

Also is there anyway to disable the various tools (optimizer, defrag etc.) so they are not even there?

Thanks for any help.

2. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Regarding notifying you before taking action. They took this away after version 2011. This topic was started in July 2012 and they keep moving it to the next versions Feature Request area. An "Escalated" tag was placed on this topic which has amounted to absolutely nothing.
    http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35631

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

I use BD AV+ 2014 & as you say there are not that many settings, I always turn of AutoPilot & use User Mode instead as that gives a bit more control. The on access scanner I use custom settings, file types is set to scan all files, archive scanning is disables as anything would be picked up when extracted & saves the file system hit, traffic scan has all options ticked, miscellaneous has everything ticked & actions I switch sometimes from move to quarantine or deny access. I think the 2015 version has less settings.

I like the 2014 version as it has the games list/mode options that were removed in the 2015 version, this allows you to add your game exe's to a whitelist & means when you play the game you don't get any popups etc.

4. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.