What sets NOD32 apart from the rest?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Close_Hauled, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Close hauled,
    didn't the latest version of NOD32 (1.817) pick it up after the archive'd been extracted?

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I have no idea. I have never used NOD32. That's why I started this thread. Then this new strain of the Bagle virus came out today.

Almost all of the systems that I support had updated their McAfee definitions at 10:00AM this morning, as scheduled. Those definitions were version 4378 and dated today, July 19. Around that time e-mails started hitting us with the virus attached and they were not being detected. Then around 1:00PM, Network Associates came out with definition 4379 that detected the new strain.

I spent all day confirming that the systems were updating properly. First with the 4378 definition, then with the 4379 definition. Some were not updated in the morning because they were either off, or users had changed the proxy settings (We have multiple proxy servers. Sometimes a user will switch servers because one is acting up.). The after noon updates had to be done manually, because they would not update until 10:00AM the next day.

I took a look at Stan999's post and submitted a Doll.scr file that I had to VirusTotal and got an empty response via e-mail. I am at home, so I will have to post it tomorrow.

I wish that I had a PC running NOD32 at the time. It would have been nice to see first hand how well it works in the scenario above.

Close Hauled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.