What security programs are best to help teach users about issues?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EscapeVelocity, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

Which ones have the best information?

I just loaded ProcessGuard, and am finding its tips very informative. I noticed that WinPatrol Plus (paid) also has good information.

Do most of them now have online help instead, where you ask questions on a vendor forum?

Just trying to get a feel for it. I am willing to learn, but you have to start somewhere.

Im really digging ProcessGuard, BTW. XP Home SP3

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

A lot of them swing both ways. Both included help and online forums. Process Guard is a great program although it is no longer in active development. They used to have a forum here but that was shut down a couple years ago.

3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Malware Defender gives you alot of information useful for learning about the inner-workings of your pc. There are also several members here with experience using MD with good advice.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

R.I.P(malware defender):)

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Never thought of it but Winpatrol, although not really a security program per sea, gives you a lot of useful information about what is running on your computer. Also Process Explorer.

6. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will probably pay up on Winpatrol, I think that has the extra information locked in the Free version.

Ill check out Malware Defender and Process Explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.